Monday 30 December 2013

Research and Planning: Designing an ESting

QUESTIONS

1. What format do you propose to use to create an ESting?

I plan on doing a live action, stop motion ESting. I plan on doing a ten second short. I want to use inanimate objects and give them life like qualities.

2. What will happen in your proposed ESting?

I want to have a stapler, that will move along a bunch of boring documents before finding a file with e4 on it. The stapler will stapler multiple times on the e4 document and the camera will zoom in showing the e4 logo.

3. In regards to diegesis, where will your animation be set?

I will want to film on a standard office desk to give off the impression that a stapler would live there.

4. Are there (and do you predict there will be) any limitations or difficulties to face when you produce your ESting?

I am edging away from claymation because I lack confidence in my skills in clay making. For finance, I feel that I will not need to pay any money because of my location in a college I can get the supplies required such as a stapler and a desk.

5. Who is the target audience for your ESting?

My ESting will be aimed at all ages. Due to the context and content of my ESting. Both genders with an average amount of interested. As long as the viewers know what a stapler does then they will understand my piece.

TASKS

1.  I had a few different characters within my animation with different roles within it.


My first character was the train. The trains role was to draw the four to outline the E4 logo. The train behaved like a normal train stopping to drop off passengers.


My second character or characters were the little people who draw out the small E in the center of the four. They hopped and had a audio clip that said "all aboard" to give them a human feel.


My third character was the Car. He had a more of a personality. He was a speed demon of a car. When he pulled off his tail end shock and waddled to show the speed he is about to travel. He draws the outer four to complete the logo.


My final character/characters were the little Lego man that acted as builders. They push the logo in which in time makes the logo explode.



2. Our set was in my house. We have a backroom with a spotlight we used to light the scene. It was good because its hardly used meaning that we could leave it one day and film another with little to no lighting changes. We used a tripod at kept it at the same level and height to maintain a solid shot.




3.

This is my animation from this you can hear the soundtrack used.

4. Here is my story board for my E4 E sting. I used colour to make easier to understand.
Also there is other images related to planning.








5. All paperwork to do with pre-production





 

2 comments:

  1. Ben,

    Glad to see the pre-production on here but I don't see why you have used screenshots from your completed animation in your planning. Instead, if you didn't do so before, sketch out the train and some little people and say that they are what you envisage and use those.

    EllieB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merit achieved for all planning and pre-production although sketches should be added instead of shots from the production as it is NOT planning.

    EllieB

    ReplyDelete